cPanel website importer
Last updated: March 2023
ℹ️ This 'cPanel import' tool is in BETA. This means the tool has been thoroughly tested but you may stumble across obscurities. Please report any unusual behaviour to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enhance's 'cPanel importer' tool allows you to migrate a cPanel account to Enhance.
A cPanel import to Enhance will restore a full cPanel account backup. Websites should work exactly as they did on cPanel.
Some proprietary features available on cPanel are not supported on Enhance, these tools will not be copied across.
The following will be imported:
- Primary website
- Sub, add-on and parked domains will become mapped domains within a single website
- All files
- All databases
- Any installed applications
- All email accounts
- All forwarders-only accounts
- Any existing SSL certificate
- Cron jobs
- FTP accounts
The following proprietary tools are not supported on Enhance:
- Postgres databases
- Wildcard subdomains
- Mailman settings
- Directory privacy
- PostgreSQL databases
- Catch all email addresses
- Calendars and contacts`
- Existing statistics
- Error pages
Import cPanel website
- If any domains you are importing already exist in your Enhance account, you will need to delete these to proceed with the import.
To import a cPanel account to Enhance:
- Select 'cPanel imports' in the left side bar
- Click 'New import'
- Generate a full account backup in your cPanel interface. Save the tar.gz file to your desktop. Click 'Next'
- Upload your backup and click 'Next'
If you have previously uploaded a backup you will see this backup listed to the left.
- Once the page loads. Check for any conflicts (Any conflicts that are blocking your website import will be highlighted in the red modal)
Still need help?
Our support team are on hand to help 9am-9pm GMT.