Enhance release notes
Last updated: September 2022
- 13th September 2022
- WooCommerce + WordPress can now be installed as an Application and can also be offered as a pre installed application.
- The Portuguese-Brazilian language pack is now available.
- A custom 'From address' for system generated emails can be configured. This is also available for Resellers.
- A custom 'eCommerce' URL can be configured. If provided, a 'Buy new package' will be displayed on a customer's 'Package' page.
- Service websites (RoundCube, Control panel and phpMyAdmin) can now be moved between servers. The Application role for these websites cannot be moved.
- Settings on the Websites table are now remembered across sessions.
- Logic for traversing the directory tree of websites optimised to reduce memory consumption within file management service.
- Emails can now be sorted by size.
- 18th August 2022
- A customer's subscription/package can now be upgraded or downgraded to a different package.
- The Spanish language pack is now available (BETA).
- Service websites can now be deleted and restored.
- The file manager's folder upload actions has been optimised.
- Error messaging throughout the panel has been improved.
- The Email table can now be sorted.
- Clone website functionality is now disabled during the add website flow if the customer does not have any active websites.
- 'Service websites' and 'Domain aliases' now default to shown on the Website table.
- If a website does not have an Email server IP, auto-configuration of Gmail DNS records will now succeed.
- Both 301 and 302 domain redirects are now working correctly.
- Let's Encrypt now removes DNS validation records where the DNS challenge is rejected to prevent zone files growing too large.
- 29th July 2022
- Users can now search websites by their ID (UUID format).
- Users can now search websites by any of their domain aliases in addition to the primary domain.
- German language pack is now available.
- Folders can now be uploaded to the the file manager.
- An inverse logo can now be uploaded to the branding settings.
- When impersonating a customer, soft-deleted websites are now hidden (as the customer would see them).
- Where permanent website deletion partially succeeds, the operation can now be retried to fully remove any remaining data.
- The native Enhance WordPress installer no longer permits WordPress users to be created with duplicate email addresses.
- New look bulk action bar.
- The screenshot displayed on a website's dashboard now automatically updates when refreshed by a user.
- System generated emails no longer fail when configuration is custom and username is not an email address.
- 30th June 2022
- Users can now download and bulk download files directly to their browser.
- Container logs now rotate, effectively reducing server disk usage.
- If SMTP systems details have not yet been configured, key system emails are now sent using a Local MTA.
- Multiple usability improvements have been made to the file manager, including;
- The file editor now supports full screen and window mode.
- The file manager is now full screen, making the best use of the space available.
- The .enhance file is now read only.
- A site's creation date is now displayed on the 'At a glance' card on a website dashboard.
- PHP tidy extension now enabled by default.
- PHP 7.4 updated to 7.4.30.
- PHP 8.0 updated to 8.0.20.
- Mail routing options are now hidden from websites which do not have an email role assigned.
- 10th June 2022
- Two factor authentication OTP support.
- Multi-language support framework. Currently En-gb and En-us are available. More languages coming soon.
- Server disk usage is now shown per partition.
- Roundcube default version updated to 1.5.2.
- Website access tokens are now generated by the application server rather than the control panel server. The key to generate an access token is generated on filerd boot and held in memory.
- Advanced website filtering by server and role is available.
- When converting a mailbox account to a forwarder-only account it is now possible to enter any destination address.
- Website metrics now require less disk space.
- Internal task scheduler now uses a separate database connection pool.
- File manager sessions are automatically refreshed when they expire.
- Backup executor thread for application server now re-spawns on error.
- Server SSL Let's Encrypt certificates now automatically provision on all roles.
- When moving a website between application roles, data is now fully removed from the source server.
- 28th April 2022
- A SSH login command is now displayed on 'SSH keys' and 'SSH password authentication'.
- Additional user guidance provided on 'nameservers' creation.
- phpMyAdmin display_errors disabled explicitly on the sign on script - this will override any server settings.
- Website placement falls back to global placement if no available role is in the packages assigned server group.
- Website dashboard load speed is now faster thanks to a separate DNS status end point.
- Source maps are no longer distributed with the Frontend bundle.
- 'Backup Enhance software' setting has been removed. The Enhance database is automatically backed up every 4hrs.
- Session cookies now have the 'Secure' flag.
- Cross origin headers are no longer sent by default.
- Additional validation has been added to the backup role installation to guide users.
- When renaming a file is selected, the name would default to '-copy'. This is now fixed.
- The page title now obeys the organisations brand settings.
- Email resources now default to '0' when an email role is installed after the package is created.
- When a server role install times out a descriptive error message is now displayed and the role installation continues in the background.
- 14th April 2022
- Internal DNS resolver (used for Let's Encrypt pre-flight checks) is now faster and more efficient.
- phpMyAdmin single signon now uses cache buster to prevent caching of redirects in some browsers.
- phpMyAdmin single sign-on bug when a website has multiple databases.
- Service updates now continue on a given server even if one service fails to update.
- Error on subscribing customers to shared plans
- 13th April 2022
- A server's primary IP can now be updated. Updating the primary IP will update in the database and the in-memory store. It will only impact newly added sites.
- When a domain alias is added with a directory that doesn't exist, the directory is now created.
- Install link now uses 'install.enhance.com'.
- Small UI improvements.
- On mobile it was not possible to visit the 'My account' page. This is now fixed.
- phpMyAdmin single sign-on logic now occurs mostly via the API and sessions are populated in backend. This improves reliability and security of phpMyAdmin single sign-on.
- Licence usage calculation now excludes "service" websites.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes.