Last updated: November 2022
About website backups
Enhance allows customers to generate and restore website backups from within their account.
To allow website backups:
- A Backup role must be installed on a server within your Enhance estate.
- The hosting package the website is on must allow backups.
Allow backups on packages
To allow backups on a hosting package:
- Open 'Settings' in the the left side bar
- Select 'Packages'
- Click 'Add package' and scroll to the 'Backups' section. Here you will be able to configure the different features available to customers.
ℹ️ If the 'Backups' section is locked, this is because you do not have a Backup role installed on your Enhance estate. Install a Backup role in order to offer this features.
Backup package options:
- If enabled Allow backups will give customers the option to view 'system' generated backups from within their account via the 'Backups' tab on websites dashboard. System generated backups will run according to your configured backup role settings.
- If enabled Allow manual backups will allow customers to generate on demand backups via the 'Backup now' button in the 'Backups' tab on a websites dashboard.
- If enabled Allow self restore backups will allow customers to generate granular restores of existing backups.
'Restore' button with granular options becomes available
Still need help?
Our support team are on hand to help 9am - 9pm GMT.