Last updated: September 2022
The minimum hardware requirements for installing Enhance are:
- A private virtual, or bare-metal server (8GB RAM, 40GB disk, 2CPU cores or vCPUs)
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Docker and any required Docker images will be installed for you.
All customer data resides in /var and we recommend, if your disk is partitioned, that this partition contains most of your available space.
ℹ️ If you are running mass hosting or a large number of websites you will require substantially more resources, particularly memory.
Additionally the hardware requirements will vary depending on the roles you have installed. For example, a database server may require higher i/o performance than a mail server.
If you do find that you outgrow a server which you have deployed, Enhance makes it easy to migrate website roles to new machines.
To proceed, you will need:
- Your Enhance install command
- Your Enhance licence key
ℹ️ If you have signed up for a 60 day free trial you will find both of these in your my.enhance account. They were also sent to you by email.
To install Enhance:
- Log in to your new server as root via SSH or log in as a user with sudo privileges and type "sudo -i".
- Copy and paste your installation command into the terminal and hit ‘Enter’
- Once the installation is complete, a control panel URL will be displayed in the terminal window, visit this link. This may take up to 30 minutes depending on the speed of your server and your server's internet connection.
When the control panel loads, follow the steps on screen to create an Owner login and configure your master server. At this point or at any point in the future you can add additional servers.
ℹ️ If you have recently pointed a subdomain to your Enhance server to act as a hostname for your control panel, please allow time for DNS propagation.
Multi server clusters
If you are planning an Enhance estate with more than one server, we suggest disabling the application role on the control panel server so no customer websites will be placed there. This will improve performance and security.
To create additional servers, click "servers" -> "add server" and paste the install command provided into a blank Ubuntu 20.04 server.
ℹ️ The install command for secondary servers is different to the install command for control panel servers.
ℹ️ If you have the Ubuntu "ufw" firewall enabled, please allow all traffic from the primary IP of your control panel server.
Still need help?
Our support team are on hand to help 9am - 9pm GMT.