SERVERS AND SERVICES
Last updated: May 2022
To run the application role on a server allow port 80, 443, 22 and 21 on your firewall.
During installation of Enhance the application role is automatically installed on your first server. The application role can be added to additional servers at any point.
The application role provides the following services:
- HTTP (Apache 2.0)
- PHP FPM (one per website, where the website has PHP enabled)
- Screenshotd (internal Enhance service responsible for maintaining a screenshot of website added to the platform)
- FTP (pure-ftpd)
- Filerd (internal service which powers the web based file manager)
- OpenSSH (This allows customer SSH access) Root access is not permitted through this SSH server and instead you must use the host SSH server which is moved to port 2222 upon initial Enhance installation.
Supported PHP versions
Enhance currently supports the following PHP versions. More are being added.
- PHP 8.0
- PHP 7.4
- PHP 5.6
Each website has control of its own PHP version. By default, 7.4 is configured on new websites. Additional domains mapped to a website use the same PHP version as the primary domain.
It is currently not supported to compile a custom PHP. If you require a module which is not included in our standard configuration please raise a support ticket.
Customise application role settings
By default the application role inherits the global Service settings. To view your global service settings visit 'Settings > service.' The following application role settings can be overridden on a per role basis:
To override global service settings on an individual role:
- Open ‘Servers’ in the left side bar
- Select ‘Manage’ on the server
- Navigate to the ‘Role’ you’d like to configure custom settings for
- Click ‘Settings’
Any inherited global settings will be tagged 'Default'. Any custom or edited default settings will not be tagged.
Still need help?
Our support team are on hand to help 9am - 9pm GMT.