OpenLiteSpeed has no .htaccess support and any customisations to the OpenLiteSpeed configuration will not persist.
Enhance supports Apache, LiteSpeed, OpenLiteSpeed and Nginx. It is possible to run different web servers on each server in your Enhance cluster. You can also switch between all supported web servers without any configuration changes.
# Switching to OpenLiteSpeed
To switch to a OpenLiteSpeed web server
- Select Servers from the left hand menu
- Select the server you would like to edit the Application role for
- Scroll to Roles section and select the Application tab
- Select Settings and when the page loads, select Edit
- Select OpenLiteSpeed and follow the instructions on screen to finish
You can expect to see downtown from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, this depends on server load and the number of hosted websites.
If you change the web server on the control panel server and the new web server cannot start, you can use the CLI to switch back. Run:
appcd-cli 127.0.0.1 change-webserver apache
# How to reset the Admin password in OpenLiteSpeed
To reset the admin password in OpenLiteSpeed run:
docker exec -it openlitespeed /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/admpass.sh
Note that OpenLiteSpeed customisations are overwritten when the website is changed in Enhance.