LiteSpeed (opens new window) web server is a drop-in Apache replacement. From adopting LiteSpeed you can expect to see;
- Faster site loading times
- Increased security (ModSecurity rules)
- LiteSpeed’s caching plugins for the major CMS’s (WordPress)
- Improved server load
Enhance supports Apache, LiteSpeed and OpenLiteSpeed. It is possible to run different web servers on each server in your Enhance cluster. You can also switch between all supported web servers without any configuration changes.
# Switching to LiteSpeed
Switching to LiteSpeed web server will:
- Automatically shut down Apache and run the official LS docker image on the default http and https ports
- If switching from Apache, all php-fpm containers will be stopped and restarted as lsphp
Before proceeding, you must firstly obtain a LiteSpeed licence. If you do not enter a LiteSpeed licence key, LiteSpeed will attempt to obtain a trial licence. If the IP has been previously licenced this may fail.
To switch to LiteSpeed web server:
- Select Servers from the left hand menu
- Select the server you would like to edit the Application role for
- Scroll to Roles section and select the Application tab
- Select Settings and when the page loads, select Edit
- Select LiteSpeed and follow the instructions on screen to finish
You can expect to see downtown from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, this depends on server load and the number of hosted websites.
If you change web server on the control panel server and the new web server cannot start, due to a licence issue or otherwise, you can use the CLI to switch back. Run:
appcd-cli 127.0.0.1 change-webserver apache
# LiteSpeed configuration
Changes made to the LiteSpeed config from the LiteSpeed admin panel will persist.
The following LiteSpeed configuration tools are avilable from within the Enhance control panel. To locate these settings visit Servers > Server > Roles > Application tab:
Admin URL - This is the URL to access the LiteSpeed admin area.
Reset password - Upon installation a randomised LiteSpeed Admin panel username and password is generated. This tool will reset the password used to access the LiteSpeed admin panel. During a password reset the username will also be reset to 'Admin'.
Reset config to default - This will reset your LiteSpeed config settings to safe defaults. Any custom configurations set in the LiteSpeed admin will be overridden and lost.
Config path is: