Transfer website ownership
Last updated: November 2022
ℹ️ If you do not have access to 'Transfer ownership' you may not have the correct user permission or account (Master organisation or Reseller account.)
Transfer ownership allows you to transfer the ownership and full management of a website owned by you to another organisation. The organisation you are transferring to must be a customer on your account and have a package with available 'website' resources.
This tool is particularly useful for web agencies or web designers who build a website on a customers behalf and later want to hand ownership over to that client.
To transfer the ownership of a websites to another organisation:
- Ensure that the person you would like to transfer the website to is a customer on your account.
- Open 'Websites' in the left side bar
- Select the kebab menu of the website you would like to transfer (The website must be owned by your organisation) and select 'Transfer ownership'
- When the modal loads, select the 'organisation' you would like to move the website to and click 'Next'
- Select the 'Package' you would like the website to be hosted on and select 'Transfer ownership' to finish
Still need help?
Our support team are on hand to help 9am -9pm GMT.